How do you install and activate Dfx v2 for Adobe After Effects?
Posted by Marco Paolini on 18 July 2008 10:26 PM
Note: The Windows version of the Dfx After Effects installer can only be used to install Dfx into one version of After Effects. If you would like to use Dfx in different versions of After Effects, just copy and paste the Tiffen Dfx v2.0 folder from the installation location to the additional destination plug-in folders.|
1) Install Dfx using your installation CD or double-click on the file that was downloaded and run through the installation process.
2) When prompted, select your application's plug-in folder. For After Effects, this is usually the Adobe\After Effects\Plug-ins folder.
3) Start After Effects or your After Effects plug-in compatible application.
4) Apply a Dfx filter to a clip in the timeline from one of the Effects > Tiffen Dfx v2 pull-down menus.
When you apply one of the Dfx filters, a Dfx dialog box pops up.
5) If you purchased the software, select Activate Dfx and follow the instructions.
6) Select Request Trial Activation (Internet Required) and click Next to receive a fully functioning version of Dfx for the specified trial period. At the end of the trial period, Dfx reverts to a limited demo mode.
7) Select Run in Demo Mode and click Finish.
Note: In Demo Mode, dots are superimposed over the image.