How do you install and activate Dfx v2 for Adobe Photoshop?
Posted by Marco Paolini on 18 July 2008 10:26 PM
Note: The Windows version of the Dfx Photoshop installer can only be used to install Dfx into one version of Photoshop. If you would like to use Dfx in different versions of Photoshop, just copy and paste the Tiffen Dfx v2.0 folder from the installation location to the additional destination plug-in folders.|
1) Install Dfx using your installation CD or double-click on the file that was downloaded and run through the installation process.
2) When prompted, select your Adobe/Photoshop/Plug-Ins folder as the installation location.
Note: If you are running a program other than Adobe Photoshop, you will need to select the Plug-In folder for your application.
3) Start Photoshop and load an image.
4) From the Filter pull-down menu, select Dfx v2 from the Tiffen filter group.
A dialog box pops up when you run Dfx.
5) If you purchased the software, select Activate Dfx and follow the instructions.
6) Select Request Trial Activation (Internet Required) and click Next to receive a fully functioning version of Dfx for the specified trial period. At the end of the trial period, Dfx reverts to a limited demo mode.
7) Select Run in Demo Mode and click Finish.
Note: In Demo Mode, a watermark is superimposed over the image.